Welcome to Cyprus, an island of legends that basks year-round in the light of the warm Mediterranean sun. Today Cyprus is a modern country that effortlessly marries European culture with ancient enchantment. Here you will discover a compact world of alluring beaches and fragrant mountain peaks, vineyards studded with olive trees and ancient ruins that stir the imagination , citrus groove and old stone villages where sweet wine flows as freely as conversations at the local café. A carefree place where a sense of timelessness is magnified by the kindness of the people.
Higher education is provided by many types of institutions: institutes, universities, academies and conservatory. The academic year is usually composed of two semesters, beginning in September and ending in May. There are mid-term exams scheduled in October and March of the respective semesters and a final exam at the end of each semester.
High quality education, professional and competent academic staff, Internationally-oriented programs, lower cost of living and affordable tuition fees make Cyprus a wonderful place for the international.
Capital city: Nicosia
Population: 865,878 (2012)
Total area: 9,251 km2
Formation: 16. 8. 1960
Highest point: Mount Olympus
Currency: euro (EUR)
Code: CY (CYP)
Calling code: +357
Internet TLD : .cy
- You have an adequate knowledge of English.
- You have met the minimum entry requirements for your intended degree.
- You complete all relevant sections of the application form.
- You have all supporting documents ready for your application. Your application cannot be processed unless all sections of the application form are answered and all supporting documentation is provided.
(Note: Students not having adequate English knowledge, will be granted by free intensive English course for one month.)
The following is the admission procedure followed for International students to any of the courses conducted by the University:
1. Submission of filled up official application form accompanied by:
> A copy of his/her passport.
> Two passport sized photographs.
2. After scrutiny of student’s application and transcripts, if the student is found eligible for admission to the course, he/she will be issued a letter of conditional offer after which the student will have to make payment of tuition fee into the university account.
3. Student should pay either in cash or use bank transfer.
4. Following transfer of Tuition fee, students will be issued Final Acceptance Letter which would enable the student to obtain Visas from the closest Turkish /Cyprus Embassy/Mission in his/her home country.
(Note: Citizens of those countries which can get entry visa from all Cyprus checkpoints / borders get a tourist visa (21 days to 4 months) on their own initiative and arrive in Cyprus. Later on, they complete processing of all necessary documents at the university, after which university assists them to get student visa).
5. Only after the issue of a Student Visa, the student will be given final admission to the course of his/her choice, provided a seat in that particular course is available at that point of time.
6. An International student will have to undergo a medical checkup at his/her own cost. He/she will be required to submit a report of this medical examination/certification to the University. Final admission of International students is subject to medical check-up clearance.
2- An International student is required to submit an application form in a given format to the International Students Office of the University.
3- All the fees paid to the University are non-refundable.
Note: The admissions would be finalized only after issue of:
1. Final acceptance letter.
2. Original academic transcripts, degrees etc.
3. Copy of passport with Student Visa.
4. Complete payment of first semester and the application fee.
5. Medical check-up clearance.